1) Surveys, Advice and Information 2) Reports 3) Management and Consultancy.
A thorough detailed inspection is carried out dependent on the survey in question. Sample surveys can be supplied upon request. Each survey section is supported by photographs to assist understanding and a full list of recommendations and suggestions is provided at the end. Pre-Purchase and Insurance surveys can be large documents, up to 50 pages,
Typical Surveys - Pre-Purchase, Insurance, Standard Condition, Full Condition, Engine Installation, Ancillary Systems and Machinery inspection, Hydraulic System inspection, Domestic Systems and Equipment inspection, On / Off Hire condition, End of Charter / Pre-Charter condition.
A fixed fee will be quoted. Price depends on size and complexity of vessel. Surveys are usually completed to quotation. For example:
- Pre-Purchase Survey: 10 meters - €975; 12 meters - € 1375; 15 meters - €1775; 18 meters - €1925; 21 meters - €2075; 24 meters - €2225
- Insurance Survey: 10 meters - €780; 12 meters - €985; 15 meters - €1175; 18 meters - €1350; 21 meters - €1520; 24 meters - €1690
- Sea Trial for above: up to 10 meters - €390; 12 meters - €480; 15 meters - €560; 18 meters - €620 ; 21meters - €650 ; 24 meters - €675
A sea trial will assess engine vibration, power, steering, and any hull and structural movement - a report will be issued. Mast, spars, sails will be better assessed for condition and performance.
1b. Advice and Information
Accompanied Viewings – A verbal opinion on the presentation and suitability of the vessel (or several vessels) for your intended use and sea area. This can link to a full pre-paid survey at a later date. €55 per hour. Minimum 4 hours.
General Examination - not suitable for insurance or finance purposes. – An examination based upon visual assessment and observation. A report is issued (if requested) or a verbal opinion is offered. The examination makes comment on condition, structural integrity and safety levels. There is no examination of certificates, ownership, or flag state compliance etc. This can link to a full pre-purchase survey at a later date. For example:
- Examination up to 15 meters – €330; written report €360
- Examination up to 21 meters - €385; written report €450
- Examination up to 24 meters – €440; written report €540
A full pre-purchase survey consists of the following sections:
- Keel - Hull below Waterline - Topsides - Deck Moulding - Coachroof
- Cockpit - Hull to Deck Join - Bulkheads and Structural Stiffening including Internal Mouldings - Rudder and Steering - Stern Gear
- Cathodic Protection - Skin Fittings and other Through Hull Apertures
- Companionway and other Access to Accommodation - Ports - Windows
- Pulpit - Stanchions - Lifelines - Jackstays - Rigging Attachment Points
- Ground Tackle and Mooring Arrangements - Davits and Boarding Ladders - Spars - Standing Rigging - Running Rigging - Sails and Covers - Navigation Lights - Bilge Pumping Arrangements - Fire-Fighting Equipment - Lifesaving and Emergency Equipment - Engine and Machinery Installation - Fuel System - Accommodation - General condition - Gas Installation - Fresh Water Tanks and Delivery - Heads
- Electrical Installation: 12v, 24v, 220-240v - Shore Power - Generator(s)
- Electronic and Navigational Equipment - Heating, Refrigeration and Air conditioning Systems
Time usually required for Pre-Purchase survey and prepare report:
- Sail and Motor up to 10 meters – Three Days.
- Large Sail and Motor up to 15 meters – Four Days plus.
- Superyachts up to 24 meters – At least FiveDays.
Reports are usually ready within five days of completion of inspection and delivered by email as a PDF. A hard copy is provided.
These will all vary in complexity with the more sophisticated offering recommendations and suggestions and will differ in size from perhaps one page to large documents with supporting photographs dependent on the report in question.
Boat Valuation report: €250 under 10 meters; €300 under 15 meters; thereafter depending on size and complexity of vessel. A flat rate of €150 is available after completion of Pre-Purchase or Insurance Survey.
Osmosis report: €35 per meter under 10 meters; €40 per meter under 15 meters; thereafter depending on size and complexity of vessel. Osmosis repairs overseen €55per hour. Minimum 4 hours.
Boat Damage report: €55 per hour - Repair supervision €55 per hour. Minimum 4 hours.
Hull and Structural report: €35 per meter under 10 meters; €40 per meter under 15 meters; thereafter depending on size and complexity of vessel.
New Vessel Pre-Delivery report: €55 per hour. Minimum 4 hours.
Winter Work Schedules: €30 per meter under 10 meters; €40 per meter under 15 meters; thereafter depending on size and complexity of vessel.
Rigging, Mast & Spars, Sails report: €55 per hour. Minimum 4 hours.
Gas Installation report: €36 per hour. Minimum 4 hours. NOTE: This is not a CORGI inspection.
Measurement Reports - Simple statements of completed measurements which require independent validation. Simply stating fact, there is no introduction, summary, conclusions or recommendations. These reports generally show figures. Typically - Ultrasound measurements, Hull Plate Thickness measurements, Engine Data, GRP Moisture measurements. If requested to draw conclusions and recommendations based on these figures the format of the report will change to technical or survey based reports. €55 per hour. Minimum 4 hours.
Technical reports – For the specific purpose of analysing gathered data. Based on the measurement report but with written conclusions and recommendations drawn from the data provided. Typically - Ultra sound report, Sea trial report, Engine test report, Hull plate thickness report, Moisture measurement report. From €360.
Operational reports - Factual listings of chronological factors surrounding a specific process or operation. TTypically - Vessel loading / unloading condition report for road or sea transport. Vessel lifting and storage report. Slipping / Dry-Docking report. Manufacturing process report. From €440.
3. Management and Consultancy
Incident reports - Straightforward factual listings of factors surrounding a specific incident which can be used by others to draw conclusions as to the reasons, causes and consequences. Such reports usually include a chronological breakdown of factors surrounding a specific process or operation. Typically - Collision, Fire, Flooding, Sinking. From €440.
Investigative reports - Research based primarily on secondary and tertiary information sources to draw conclusions on past and present processes and perhaps offer opinions to improve processes or identify failures in the system. Generally written to find out why something is happening and to suggest what to do about it. From €440.
Consultancy reports - Effectively an independent review on specific subjects whereby the facts allow the production of recommendations for the future actions of others. A lot of background information is required. Typically - New build consultancy. Risk Assessment. Transport and Delivery. Vessel search and location for sale or purchase. From €440.
Repair/New Build Supervision
Repair supervision/New Build Supervision. €55 per hour. Minimum 4 hours.
Servicing and Winter Work Schedules Overseen. €55 per hour. Minimum 4 hours.